Monday, September 3, 2012

Chocolate Cookie Dough Dip

I found this recipe on pinterest and I knew I had to make it. A friend of mine was having a cookout this past weekend and I thought it would be just the crowd to test it out. I love cookie dough myself so it was right up my alley. Until....i noticed the recipe called for cream cheese. I dont know what it is with cream cheese but for the most part I just dont like it. Cheesecake, cream cheese frosting...no thank you. But since I like to bake for others more than myself, i forged ahead with it. After reading reviews on the recipe, I decided I would try to tweak it a little bit to calm down the cream cheese taste in the dip. Everyone really seemed to enjoy the dip and even I snagged a little bit and shocking...i really liked it, cream cheese and all!

 This recipe is simple enough that you can also adjust it to how you like it. If you like the cream cheese taste then you can certainly cut down on the amount of sugar that I put in.

Ingredients:
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese (regular cream cheese, not low fat or it will change the consistency)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
4 tbsp. brown sugar
3-4 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup toffee chips
1 cup chocolate chips
chocolate graham crackers to serve it with

-Let butter and cream cheese come to room temp. Once they are soft, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth and well-mixed.
-Mix in the brown sugar
-Mix in the confectioners sugar (i used 4 but again you can use less if your not as paranoid about the cream cheese taste!)
-Mix in toffee and chocolate chips.
-Scoop dip into bowl and serve with chocolate graham crackers or whatever your heart desires! (vanilla wafers, pretzels, etc.)
-Keep refrigerated until serving.

 
 
Recipe Adapted from Add A Pinch

No comments:

Post a Comment